We’ve all been there. You need to buy bulk flash drives, but you’re unsure which one to choose. There are so many flash drives available that it can be overwhelming! To help you narrow down your options, we’ve created this handy guide.
Check for compatibility.
Before you buy, it’s essential to check for compatibility. The first thing to look for is USB 2.0 or 3.0 compatibility. This will ensure that your flash drive will work with older computers and laptops, as well as newer ones. Next, you should consider the size of your flash drive and its capacity. If you want a lot of storage space in one device, then an 8 GB model might be right. However, if all you need is 1 GB, smaller options are available that still fit your needs.
Choose the storage
The amount of storage you need depends on your needs and how you intend to use the device. The first step is to figure out what files you’ll be storing and how many of them there will be. This will help determine whether a flash drive or an SD card is right for you.
If most of your files are text documents with only occasional video clips and photos, then it would make sense for me to get an 8GB flash drive. It comes in at about $2 per gigabyte. But if your documents have graphics attached, or if you keep large videos on my flash drive. It’s like HD movies, then going up to at least 16GB would give me more space for the same price as an 8GB model.
By contrast, most of my documents contain large photographs rather than text. For example, if all those spreadsheets were pictures or scans, you would probably want something bigger than 16GB but smaller than 32GB (e.g., 32Gb).
Consider the speed of your thumb drive.
The speed of your thumb drive is important if you plan to use it for video or audio. Speed isn’t as important if you’re just using it for data. However, if you want to use it for both purposes, get a flash drive with a USB 3.0 port rather than USB 2.0 or lower. They transfer faster and are less likely to fail over time, especially if they’re filled with an HD movie file!
Select a style for your custom flash drives.
There are several options when it comes to choosing a style. Depending on your needs and budget, you can choose from any of the following:
- A USB drive that looks like a piece of jewelry.
- A USB drive that looks like an old-school calculator.
- A thumb-sized flash drive that easily slides into your pocket or wallet.
Determine if you want your flash drives engraved.
- You can have your flash drives engraved from Alibaba.
- Engraving is a great way to personalize your flash drives and make them unique. It’s also more expensive than printing, so you’ll want to be sure that you’re committed before moving forward with this option.
- The engraving process is permanent. So if you’re unsure about having something permanently etched onto your flash drive. Then perhaps consider another method of customizing your order, such as choosing colors or patterns.
I hope that you’re now ready to make an informed purchase of your own. If you’re handing out custom flash drives to your customers, then choose Alibaba. With these tips, you can choose bulk flash drives easily.